Monday, January 26, 2009

Music History

Music has always been apart of my life. Before i was involved in music personally, I would listen to the music that ,y parents played at home and in the car. I can still remember listens to opera and country music with my dad. While my mom enjoyed pop music and The Beatles. When I was seven I was apart of my church's choir for about three years. When I was in fifth grade i began to participate in my school's choir. At this time I also began to play the clarinet for about six months.My dad used to play the clarinet, so I thought that it would be fun to play. One Christmas my parent bought my sisters and I keyboards. We used to play with the keyboards for hours learning songs or just making tunes up. I can still remember playing "heart and soul". I do like to play musical instrument, but the best thing that i enjoy from music is singing and listening. While in Jr. high I was in choir for all of the two years. This was one of the first time that I remember when students are played in singing groups based on their voice. I was placed in the soprano group. Then in high school I was in choir for all four years and I made it up to the A cappella choir my senior year. I also took voice lesson for about four months until my voice lesson teacher had to leave.I have enjoyed being in a choir because you are able to sing different style of music, your in a place where people share a common interest with you and it is fun. While i was in my high school choir we went on two trips. One to St. Louis and the other to San Diego . Even when i am not in choir i still enjoy music. I work at a child care center and when the children are up I always have music playing in the background. I listen to a variety of music like pop, country,soundtracks, hip-hop etc on my Ipod. I also like watching musicals like Mamma Mia and i enjoy singing whenever i get a chance like when driving to NIU for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment